Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
November 22nd 2010
Published: December 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We made our way (by very slow but cheap mini bus) to Phuket. Arriving in Patong Beach was a little overwhelming. There is no telling where the main area is straight off as the place is quite simply so large. We soon found out its much more the location for a holiday than for the average traveller. In Phuket everything is orientated on having a good time, and doing so RIGHT NOW. Not much of it revolved around being in or seeing much of Thailand. After a few beers the main strip of Bangla Road could easily be compared to that of any main strip in any holiday maker resort in Spain. Prices are hiked up in Phuket too, again tailored to the holiday makers. With shopping centres, cinemas and bowling alleys it was the closest place to home we could have felt.

Never the less we made the most of our time in Phuket, mainly relaxing by day and being entertained by Bangla Road by night. Basically we chilled out.

We stayed at Lamai Apartments which was about a 15 mins walk from Bangla Road and a welcoming distance from all the 24 hour hustle and bustle. They also gave us (unexpectedly) a computer with webcam and printer in our room with internet free of charge.

We also met up with the Lorraine and Jo (friends from our first week trek) and headed out for a night on the town. After a hilarious trip to see the ladyboys on Bangla Road we headed to the Tiger Disco, meant to be the largest in Phuket. All I will say is we didnt stay all night and I am so glad we have a smoking ban in clubs at home (we were stinking).




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb