Events on Ko Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
January 16th 2009
Published: January 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi,

sorry its been so long since the last blog but we have been relaxing too much. We spent new years eve in Ko Phangnan on Had rin beach, where the full moon partys are. It was a beach packed with people drinking out of buckets and everyone losing their flip flops, but it was a good night. You walked a couple of metres down and there would be a different bar playing different music, so if you got stuck between two bars you got a bit of a mix. I (lucy) managed to stay awake till 4 am, which is pathetic for had rin standards, a guy we met near our bungalow started drinking at 5pm on new years eve and kept going till 11pm the on new years day, although he had taken some substances to keep him going.

We moved off to Ko tao on the 4th, and stayed a couple of nights of sairee beach, where we rented out kayaks with friends from ko phangnan, (the nutter Curt who didnt sleep on new years eve and his very boring friend matt.) Matt made sure he was wearing his life jacket before setting out, whilst me and katie were more worried about our tan. Curt paid a little extra and rented out a fishing kayak. When we stop to let curt fish, just as he was flinging his line out, we got a little close so i leaned to get out of the way, and accidently made us (me and katie) capsize. Katie was not happy, screaming that sharks were going to get us, after alot of panick we flipped the boat over and got back in, although we did loose my new snorkel in the process.

After sairee we went to Ao tanote bay, which had some really good snorkelling, we spent ages in the sea, until katie cut herslef on the coral and thought the sharks were going to smell us out so we retreated to the beach.

We then moved off to Chalok, where we both did our diving courses, Katie is now an Open water diver and I am an advanced open water (i had already done half of my Open water so had a little spare time.) Katie had a rubbish group, mainly becausue of a dutch girl who was constantly complaining about being cold, and when the instructor
Curt and Blare Curt and Blare Curt and Blare

Friends form Leela Beech in Ko Phangnan. Curt did the 30 hour bender
gave her little sympathy, she started complianing about him. On my advanced course, i went on a night dive that was scary but really good, saw a massive barracuda hunting for fish and it swam right through my legs. Also saw a huge trigger fish sleeping, that was being cleaned by little fish. We did manage to loose one guy on the dive, and when we noticed and resurfaced he had been lost so long, that he was waiting on the boat, opps.

After our Chalok, we left Ko tao and got the night ferry and bus over to phuket. The night ferry was very wavey, and you were lying down on your mattress and kept being rolled all over the place.

We are now in Phuket and aren't massive fans, its very touristy, full of sun loungers on teh beach, but we are just waiting here till sunday, as Wills flight arrives on saturday night at phuket airport, and then we are moving off to Phang naga, where the james bond island is from man with the golden gun, (i think).

We are moving off to a nationla park today, where we may do some camping on teh beach, we are just hoping there are a few less people there.

laods of love katie and lucy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx





Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0454s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb