Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 23rd 2008
Published: October 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Phuket's BIG BuddhaPhuket's BIG BuddhaPhuket's BIG Buddha

If you pick up your magnifying glass, you might be able to see us at the bottom of the picture. That's how huge this buddha is!
Hello everyone!
Once again, it has been quite a while since we have updated the blog, but life is just slower here. Not much we can do about that.
Let's see, we left off when we arrived in Phuket, Thailand. For so long I (Molly) had heard such marvelous stories of Phuket that I thought we had to visit...you know, since we were in the area. And to be honest, it was a bit of a let-down. Don't get me wrong. Thailand is wonderful--wonderful country, wonderful people, wonderful food...just wonderful! But Phuket was not was it had been built up to be. It was more touristy a place than we'd been the entire trip and it was a little dirty and too overpriced. Sad, really. Good thing we make the best out of these situations and we had a great time. We spent some time on the beach (Molly even went boogie boarding and has scars to prove it!), rented a scooter for two days (and didn't crash!), saw the biggest buddha we've ever seen, and ate way too much food.
Unfortunately, Phuket was the only place we spent time in Thailand, as we have realized we've run out of time
Scooterin'!Scooterin'!Scooterin'!

This is a more dangerous activity in Thailand (well, the whole of SE Asia) than swimming with sharks or drinking water straight from the tap.
to see everything. Just another excuse to come back, we suppose (heh, heh, heh).


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

..
.

There's a picture of me on the scooter too! I didn't dare drive:-)
Chicken feet?Chicken feet?
Chicken feet?

We found a place nearby that served rotisary chicken. Soooooooooo good. But you sure get more than you ask for...chicken claws included.
So prettySo pretty
So pretty

Nick found a new hairstyle. It's popular among middle aged women to get braids in their hair. Not kidding. He just wanted to join the fun!


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb