surfing in Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 20th 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent the afternoon finding a nicer place to stay for tomorrow, then ate lunch and hired a moped, then headed to the beach to check out the surf and boy was there surf.... woohoo!!!!!!!! looking forward to tomorrow...
After moving to the new, nice, same price hotel, closer to the beach, We spent all day on the beach after getting up early as "the early dude gets the best board" so board in hand of Henry went into the larger than used to waves and i sat and relaxed with book in hand and the odd 5ooo touts trying to sell me everything from a massage to a wooden motorbike to a live sex show. you will be glad to know I declined them all..... lol. A few hours later Henry returned with a happy grin and a tired look then off again we both went into the surf no swimming as the red flag is out, though half the beach aren't taking any notice of the warning flag. we made it about waste deep then a few large waves and my bikini is not correctly placed and im ready to get out again its way to big.... so to the book again i go. and to the surf Henry goes again... It is so peaceful (that is if you ignore the touts).
We headed into patong for the evening and booked a afternoon cruise to "james bond island" and surrounding islands for tomorrow and also booked our bus/boat to the other side of thailand to Ko Pha-Ngan Island for tuesday so all set to relax here for few days. ps we are hurting as we both have bad sun burn, even though we used factor 40 sun block. I have white eyes like a panda as i had my sun glasses on tooking really good now i have to say.


Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

PICT0024PICT0024
PICT0024

im the surfer in the middle


Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0199s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb