trip to Phuket "the wee fibbers"


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 19th 2008
Published: July 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we couldnt get a bus or train out of Bangkok for the next few days as its thailands national holidays so the next evening we hopped on the tourist overnight bus to phuket (Oh what fun ) it was really quite horrible from the fact that it was full to popping and we all had to change buses about a trillion times to the fact that when they were sure none of us knew where we was they kicked us all of the bus again at about 5 am we started the journey at 6 pm the previous evening, and they split us all up henry no were near phuket i have to add we were supposed to arrive at 9am lol........ so on the back of a pickup henry and i sat driven 5 miles away and told to get off our mimds were a little worried but a travel agency arrived before our eyes and told us to sit down and wait whilst she had a argument with a german who was in the same situation... we waited and waited and waited then she told one of us to follow her hmmmmmmmm with a backpack she got on her moped and told me to get on the back WITH MY BACKPACK........ NO BLOODY WAY, was she mad i think so i looked at henry he looked at me we both laughed a little afraid lol i said no she said yes this continued til i said we would walk!!!!! so of she went on her moped we hurried backpacks and all to catch up though saftey first lol she kept waiting at the corners for us we were happy with walking lol. so a nice airconditioned mini bus parked there we were told was our ticket to phuket though all we had to do was pay more money the place was full with people in the same situation we PAYED and the bus dropped us of some 5 hours later in phuket in kata which is were we wanted to go luckily and right outside the bungalows we had been looking at in the lonely planet, the bungalow turned out to be a flee pit with damp everywhere and 100s of ants we stayed as we were tired and smelly though we rested then went to find a nice place for tomorrow...

Advertisement



20th July 2008

poor you
hi sheila and henry hope that the ants didnt bite your bums haha.
20th July 2008

poor guys
wow sheila ur pics r amazing, u both look a little tired, but look like ur enjoying the experience. hope u find a decent place 2 stay. wish we were there with u guys. have loads of fun xxxxxxx krista, mark and the brood.

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0249s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb