Phuket


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 30th 2008
Published: May 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After our 26 hour journey we arrived at our luxury resort at 10.30pm. It was gorgeous and right on the beach! It had a restaurant, bar, a really nice swimming pool, spa, shop, huge room with balcony, internet and breakfast was included! We got straight into bed in the mosquito net and watched television. The next morning after a fry up we went exploring. Hayley bought a bikini in the market next door; we walked along the beach and found what seemed like hundreds of nice restaurants and bars. We also looked at the activities that were on offer including elephant trekking. We then returned for a swim in the pool. Later in the afternoon we went on the internet to research ways of getting to Bangkok. By bus it was 14 hours so after our last experience we decided to fly as it only took 1 hour. We then went for a walk to look at the menus in some of the restaurants and Neil bought some DVDs and shorts. We then got changed and went to the restaurant next to our hotel. Hayley had traditional spaghetti bolognaise and Neil had what he believed to be spicy fish guts and rice! So we enjoyed Banana splits to cool him down and to get rid of the taste. It was then to bed for us.

On Saturday we awoke to a bright blue sky at 40degrees! We had breakfast and went for a swim and bathe. As it was such a nice day we decided to go and book elephant trekking. It cost about 30 pounds for transport to the site, an hour trek and a photo. Our elephant was called Pinky and was 26 years old. We trekked through the Phuket South Island Jungle. We saw bugs, butterflies, buffalos, rubber trees and an iguana. We also saw ‘King Kong’ the only male elephant. On the way back from our fun experience we saw a wild monkey that moved really fast when Neil tried to take a photo which made him move more quickly too!! We also stopped to see the Kata view point. We then went for another swim before getting ready for dinner. After our beach-side dinner we bought some snacks to enjoy whilst watching the fa cup final. However it was on earlier than Hayley thought so we only saw the last 10 minutes.

On Sunday we went to Kata beach and swam in the warm sea. After a little too much sun we returned to our thankfully air-conditioned room! We enjoyed some delicious pizzas for dinner and watched the film ‘We are Marshall’ in the evening.

The next two days we relaxed around the pool and sat on the beach to the watch the sunset in the evenings. We also packed for our last location. Early on Wednesday morning we made our way to the airport and arrived in Bangkok an hour and 20 minutes later (much better than the 14 hours in would have taken by bus).


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb