Krabi and my birthday!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
December 20th 2013
Published: December 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We spent a couple of days in krabi.. Lots of night markets, pancakes (banana and nutella you little beauty), became obsessed with massaman curry, played pool and wandered up and down the river. We booked on a day trip that was frikking awesome: climbed down a waterfall that was 40 degrees (heated by a volcano.. Craaaaazy!), swam in a natural crystal clear pool, visited more temples, climbed 1300 steps with monkeys and listened to the life stories of other travelers.. Damn good day.

For my birthday Mark (the amazing being that he is) booked 3 nights at a posh resort on kho klang island. It's also the only resort on the island which has no cars, just lots of fisherman and paddy fields. We stayed in a fisherman style hut raised off the ground overlooking the infinity pool and ocean, a million miles from every other accommodation choice so far. The food was some of the best we've had in Asia, Whales organised a candlelit dinner on the beach for my biffyday and I basically loved every single minute! They had an iPod dock so blasting out some Aerosmith made it all worth it for him too! Haha. 3 days spent relaxing in paradise, perfect birthday. Then somehow after checking out we ended up sharing a free tuk tuk ride across the island.. Including a tour and the opportunity to try some local crafts, such a gorgeous place!

We'd booked an early flight to Kuala Lumpur so this meant bye bye Thailand! Also creeping up to half way through our trip waaaaaaah!

Love,

Mark and Vicky

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb