Goodbye Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
June 17th 2006
Published: July 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Thailand - Greece


It was about time for another stamp on my passport, so that meant heading to Bangkok and flying to Athens, Greece.

We caught the night boat and bus again out of Ko Phangan and back down to Krabi to make our connecting flight to Bangkok. This time the night boat was just about full so people were basically sleeping on top of each other and arguing about which allocated bed belonged t them. Craig and I had tickets clearly marked 21 and 22 but this persistant german guy insisted we were in his spot. There were two of us and three of them so things could have got interesting, but in the end he decided to find a spare bed and leave us all in peace. Maybe he realised it was not worth the fight or maybe he understood enough English to make out what I said to Craig. "Im going to throw this guy out of the window when he's asleep" 😊

The boat docked in the early hours of the morning and another familliar ute was waiting to take us to the changover stop. Once in Krabi we headed straight for the airport and planned to relax there for a few hours until the flight. Little did we know our flight was cancelled and combined with another in the late afternoon. I think in the end we spent 6 hours at the tiny Krabi airport and most of this on the wrong side of check-in, as it was closed. So without much in the way of shops or any form of entertainment we explored the place and tried to make the best of a bad situation. There was this huge water feature that ran along the ground floor and kind of looked like a pool. Amidst our boredom we seriously considered a swim in the 30cm deep water just for something to do and a bit of a laugh, but security gave me a look and we decided against it. Another lap of level two was our only other option and maybe this time we would find a newspaper in english or try another weird drink from the fridge. I did find a packet of Thai Tim Tams, but to my disapointment they really didn't live up to the real ones back home.

The flight eventually departed Krabi and landed in bangkok where we checked into our hotel and met a mate of mine who was staying in Bangkok for the next two days. Jase knows Bangkok pretty well as he has friends there. He and his girlfrind showed us all the local haunts, some of which I best not describe here...just quickly I think the Thais have different rules to Ping pong than we do. 😉 Jase had told us about this enourmous shopping centre called MBK that that really needed to be seen (and get lost in) to be appreciated. Im not the biggest fan of shopping centres but this one was a bit of a novalty. While there we stocked up on clothes for the Contiki tour and kept each other assured that we weren't lost.

The next day we said goodbye to Thailand and headed to Greece for the Contiki tour. More about that next....



Cheers,
Darren


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Tina Bar - BangkokTina Bar - Bangkok
Tina Bar - Bangkok

This girl wanted to marry me. I declined gently and bought her a drink.
Last night in ThailandLast night in Thailand
Last night in Thailand

Jase the tour guide on our last night.
Smart assSmart ass
Smart ass

This kid was about 6 years old and knew everything. He made sure we understood all the facts about flying and our destination. Smart ass!
AthensAthens
Athens

Old area of the city.
Athens previewAthens preview
Athens preview

You'll have to wait till the next post


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.035s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb