Ao Nang Beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
April 23rd 2006
Published: April 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi there everyone from Paradise. Sorry to tell you all this but it is a bit of Paradise here even though there are many reminders that things can go wrong in Paradise. We are at a hotel on the beach front in this James Bond setting - its close to the place where Dr No was filmed and the mountain cliffs go straight out of the water with jungles clinging to them. Wildlife abounds in the forms of cicadas who screach so loudly when the night approaches its deafening, lizards, ants of all shapes and sizes, butterflies and wasps and lots of domestic cats and dogs. Cats like Princess Santa Maria with blue eyes and pactches of colour amongst the white. Its hot here and the water is warm so its lovely to swim in but no relief from the heat like our oceans. The sea around us is scattered with islands and we can see them jutting out of the water some the most peculiar of shapes.

The Beachfront has Tsunami towers with with loudhailers and there are many signs warning that this is a tsunami area and shows you the direction to take if you must make a quick exit.

Yesterday we walked along the beachfront and at the far end from us in the treeline are about 20 pavillions with ladies and gentlemen offering tai massages for 200Baht an hour that is about R30.00. You can have feet, full body whatever you want outside under the trees with the beach in front of you and the jungle behind. Its cheaper to come here for a week or two than to go to a spar down the road for a weekend!!! Our hotel room is R240 en suite air con tv fridge and verandah with a jungle view. So not much to complain about.

The food is awesome too. Had a green curry last night, lots of fresh fruit, mangoes just coming into season. So sad that the rambutans and mangosteens are not about at the moment.

We are going to explore the area soon so I will keep you updated but must dash as the day is calling. Love to all Lee



Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb