R&R In Krabi Town


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
October 21st 2008
Published: October 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is going to be an exciting blog...ummm...we went to the beach. We laid in the sand. That's about it.

So there is not much to do in Krabi Town itself but you can jump on a long tail boat or a tuk tuk and get to some pretty amazing beaches. Once again the pictures don't do the scenery justice. Deep green tropical background laid across white sandy beaches and crystal clear water. Not a bad way to relax. Plus it is hot and the water is so warm that it is almost not even refreshing. Sunblock is almost a waste of time because you sweat so much that is doesn't seem to stay on. Those are the only negatives i can think of. Massages on the beach for the equivalent of $6 or $7...feed monkeys some bananas and watch them thrash unsuspecting people for there food. Hilarious!

The only other thing we had to do over the last few days was a visa run to the border of Malaysia. We had to take a minibus 6 hours to the border stamp out of Thailand, stamp in Malaysia, stamp out of Malaysia, and stamp back in to Thailand. Then get back into a minibus back to Krabi Town. Round trip...13 hours with a one hour lunch break. It sucked but we had to do it. Our visa was about to expire and we are not ready to leave Thailand. We still have a few more islands to visit and we need some more time to study up on Malaysia.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.016s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb