Things to Do in Krabi in 3 Days: A Friends & Family Getaway


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Krabi
September 24th 2018
Published: September 24th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Beaching is always my favourite thing to do on the vacation. I just got back from a friends-and-family trip to Krabi, Thailand. It turns out that spending time with loved ones, in an affordable paradise, is one of the better ways to pass three days. So without further ado, let me tell you about our getaway and hopefully give you some solid ideas about what to do in Krabi Thailand.



Krabi, Thailand Trip Day One: An Airport Reunion



As is the case with any trip, the first hurdle was getting there. Luckily, Krabi is a hospitality hub, so finding flights is fairly easy. My husband Archie and I flew into Krabi directly from our current home base in Chiang Mai. Our friends hopped a flight from Bangkok. My parents, who already live down south, drove in from Takuapa, Phang-nga and picked us up from the airport. Conveniently, our flights arrived within 15 minutes of each other. Plus, my parents were able to find the perfect parking spot!




Spending time with friends and family fills my soul with joy; it’s a surefire way to tap into your inner peace, and this mini-reunion did not disappoint. At the airport, we traded hugs, quickly got to the business of catching up, and of course exchanged a little gossip!




Having arrived later in the afternoon, instead of immediately hitting the town, we stuck to the hotel on day one. Archie and dad, as expected, hit the bar and threw back some brandy while solving all the problems of the world. The ladies and I, eager for some retail therapy, slapped on some super-powered sun block and hit the pool. But please, don’t let our seemingly low-key day fool you. There are plenty of things to do in Krabi; we just happened to be exhausted after traveling all day.




I’ll tell you what, though: From here on out, the Holiday Inn Express Krabi Ao Nang beach will be towards the top of my list when anyone asks about a beach hotel in Ao Nang. By far, it is the best hotel in Krabi for family. Why was it so great? Well, it didn’t break the bank, and the facilities — pool, bar, restaurant, great room — were top-notch. Plus, our accommodations were spacious with super views.



Krabi, Thailand Trip Day Two: Fun and

Sun in an Affordable Tropical Paradise

Day two was a whirlwind of activity. We did a four-island hop to Phra Nang Cave, Tup Island, Poda Island and Ko Kai — aka Chicken Island. A traditional longtail ferried us to Phra Nang Cave, and another grouped joined us on the boat, which worked because it made the already reasonable passage fee even cheaper. And wow, the cave was something out of a movie set! A hollow stone monolith dotted with emerald flora, Phra Nang Cave looks like something that Tolkien’s pen could bring to life. We spent about an hour spelunking and exploring before heading to the aquamarine outposts of Tup and Poda Islands, in addition to Ko Kai, to get our snorkel and swim on. The fish we saw looked like neon pastries!




After adventuring, we capped the day with a laugh-filled karaoke night at Boogie Bar in Ao Nang.



Krabi, Thailand Trip Day Three: Rock Climbing and Lunch



On our last day, the gang hung around Ao Nang. Archie awoke early and went rock climbing. Mom, dad, and I hit the main shopping strip instead. At 11:00 a.m., our crew met up for one last meal together. Then, at 1:00 p.m., we left for the airport and exchanged bittersweet goodbyes. Why bittersweet, you ask? Though we were rejuvenated, parting ways was sad business. But alas, there will be other travels and adventures for us all — alone and together!




OK, friends; it is time for me to run. But I hope my little blog post gave you some ideas about things to do in Krabi in 3 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 40; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb