Ko Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
February 26th 2013
Published: February 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We finally arrived in Koh Tao after our sea sickening boat ride and made our way to our hotel. We then headed down to the beach and saw the Sairee beach town then headed back and called it a day...boat ride took a lot out of us.


The next day we got up and felt a lot more refreshed. Grabbed some breakfast and then found a kayak rental. We rented it for 2 hours and we departed Sairee beach and headed over to Nangyuan (took us 45min to paddle over) and we decided that we were going to have a beer and then head back. Well as soon as we got off the Thais were running up to us to gather our money to be on the island. Thus we were only going to have a beer and head back as we had to return our kayak so we opted not to pay and just left. The island looked very nice but for 15 minutes of being there it was not worth us paying to not be able to explore. We finally got back in time to return the kayak and boy were we a bit sore. We thought it would be easier going back as we had the waves to our back and were we wrong! We chilled on the beach and hit up the local shops and then decided to head back to our hotel and get cleaned up before dinner.

We ate dinner at a traditional thai restaurant where we sat on the floor on a "hippy" pillow (you see a lot of this kind of seating in Koh Tao) and over looked the main street. We sat on the 2nd floor and the 2nd floor was built into a tree house style. The food was very good! We walked Sairee beach/village and a lot of shops were closed and the town was pretty dead. It ended up being a Thai holiday (Magha Puja) thus before packing it in decided to smash a nutella banana pancake (so good). We happened to run into our friend Michelle that we met in Phi Phi and she was heading to the full moon party the following night. We also decided to keep the night young (and everything was closed) so we headed back to our hotel. We were getting ready for bed and were watching our 1 english "Discover Thailand" channel and I noticed a lizard on the roof in our room. I pointed it out to Jill and she was freaking out! We didn't really know what to do (not familiar with any species in the area) so I figured that I would go down to the reception and let them know and they could come and get the lizard out of our room. Well I asked the owner politely if he could come to our room and get the lizard out and his response to me was "Its not dangerous...its your problem not mine" WTF (the place was called Sairee Seaview...incase you are looking for a place if you're ever in Thailand...not good service for something that is/should be the hotels problem and not the customers)?? None the less I took a paddle back up to our room and stood on a chair and kept scaring the lizard closer and closer to the door (as Jill's screaming - Ha-ha), then I opened the door and finally chased the damn thing out! Then I had to search the entire room for more lizards so we could sleep!

The next morning we got up and checked out as soon as we can as I booked us a night at a beautiful resort across the way from our other hotel called Koh Tao Cabana. We checked in and had to wait a few hours for our room to be ready. So we decided to book our transfers out of Koh Tao and work our way back towards Bangkok...well the boat is full and only night boats are available...so since we loved the look of the resort (without seeing our room yet) we decided to stay another day and then transfer out a day later. We finally got into our room and WOW! What a sweet dig! Our room is massive and the bathroom is amazing, the deck overlooks the pool and ocean...unreal! So the transfer delay worked out pretty good we just have to revisit our schedule now before we have to get back to the real world. Well should get ready for dinner now (think we are going to try some Indian food tonight...recommended by our friend Michelle).

Until next time...keep it casual ;p

Ty


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb