Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 19th 2012
Published: August 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So Ko Tao "the island of the turtle"

I spent a few days on the island (which is really dedicated to divers) but as it is not in my top priority to dive, i found some other bits to do.

We stayed in a little Guesthouse just away from the sea in the Sairee Village, which was basic but homely as there were a few of us staying there, the main beach was nice but nothing spectacular and you couldnt really swim past your waist as it is very rocky. So we spent a few days by that beach and found some other bits to do.

One day I took a walk up to a Viewpoint in the North of the island which really gave a fantastic view of the beach and then we went to both Shark bay and Auer Leuk bays. Auer Leuk was a small, hidden bay on the other side of the island but was really cute and had a good little bar on the side. Shark bay was a ilttle larger and more accessible, but the snorkelling was second to none and we had a good while watching a large turtle munching on the coral.

As it is Thailand they do try to rip you off for everything, but most things are walkable (if you can bear the heat and the potholes nd the steep hills)

All in all a great time!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0325s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb