Ko Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
April 17th 2012
Published: April 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

I am pretty sad to be leaving Ko Toa to be honest with you, it has been the best island by far and only wished we could have stayed a longer time!

We where here for Songkren which is the Thai New Year and it is one massive water fight and celebration all over Thailand, all the Thais are off work for a day of 2 and sdet about early morning soaking cars, moped, babies, grandmas, dogs, and travelers the most, but i think us travelers gave it back pretty good 😊. People bought water pistoles from 7/11's and filled them up from water buts stationed every 10m's. It was the best day ive had traveling i think every single person was happy and was laughing...all apart from one very grumpy grandma on a scooter that didnt see the funny side when we tried to squirt her! Little kids where out in their colourful pyjamas squirting us tourists and dumping buckets of water over us wishing us a happy songkren and laughing their heads off! I have some amazing pictures of as many people you can imagine cramed into the bag of a pick up truck dancing so hard the truck couldnt move that far becasue of the shaking and amount of water it had took on!

We took a little day trip to a place called Nang Yuan which is 2 islands joined by a sand bar which was a little spoilt by the sunloungers but it was such a hot day we gave in and took shade under an umbrella. We snorkled arond the amazing coral and I swam past a mass of black ink that i presume was from an angry squid so I swam a little bit faster away as i didnt want a squids tenticles sucking my snorkle out! ha We had a little more time on the island so decided to walk up to the view point which was breathtaking! It was a pretty steep climb and ive never sweated so much in my life by it was worth the view! I had to climb over massive boulders and teeter on a rock to see the view, managed to pap a few photos to prove i made it hah!

We met some amazing people in koh tao and had some interesting conversations over lunches, dinners and floating about in the pool for 5 hours getting very wrinkley but couldnt stop talking!

last night and today was the visa run day and all went smoothly a few possibly dodgey situations but all went according to plan and we can now safely stay in the country with out being kicked out till the day after we are due to arrive back home...phew!

So for now I am heading up to Chang Mai, Pai and Chang Rai to see what there is to offer up in the North! I feel like ive missed alot out over the last week or so but i think the pictures will do more explaining than writting x

Not long now 12 days to go and still having a lovely time, i think ill be very sad sitting on that plane in Bangkok airport but definalty looking forward to seeing family and my lovely friendys at home x

catch you later x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb