Diving at Chumphon Pinnacle!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
January 28th 2010
Published: January 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

For Riks 25th Birthday, i treated him to a "Deep Adventure Dive", which entiltes a person to dive down to 30 metres, safely!
The day started at 6am, when the dive boat left Mayhad Pier, in the direction of Chumphon Pinnacle, which is roughy 15km west north west of Ko Tao!
Riks day consisted of 2 dives!
One would be at Chumphon Pinnacle, and the other would be at the shallower White Rock!
The previous day, divers had spotted a juvinile whale shark here, so Rik had his hopes high to see one! Unfortunalty there was no appearance, which didn't matter as he got to swim up close with both bull sharks, and grey reef sharks at Chumphon Pinnacle!
At one point, a grey reef shark even playfully swam under Riks legs!
He was really lucky, and managed to have a one-no-one session on both dives, with a diving instuctor called charlie, who is also an Oceanographer! He spent the whole morning taking picture of Rik on his dive, and the beautiful sea creatures around them!
All other divers that Rik bumped into were in groups of at least 4, so he felt like a V.I.P!
We also just wanted to let you all know, that we have changed our flights and will be coming home next Tuesday the 2nd of February!
England here we come!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 100; dbt: 0.0777s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb