Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 6th 2008
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We flew from Chiang Mai to Koh Samui Airport, which is basically a pretty, little building with a thatched roof! We then caught the ferry to Koh Tao, a beautiful island where we have spent the last couple of days.

We're staying in a bungalow on the beach with a fantastic view of the sea! However we don't quite know who owns it or who to pay when we leave!! Yesterday we relaxed on the beach and swam in the lovely, warm sea!! The weather was brilliant!!

Today we've been on a boat trip around the island snorkelling and were looking forward to another relaxing day...

Unfortunately our departure was delayed by a large tropical storm and when we did eventually set off because it had supposedly calmed (life jackets on) the waves were huge and the boat was tipping up a lot!! Matt hadn't taken his travel sickness tablets so spent the majority of the time feeling/being sick and didn't eat all day!! He was a lovely shade of green! We also encountered a rather nasty sandstorm after snorkelling off an idyllic sand bar (strip of sand linking two islands) - we were just about to head to the other side to snorkel when another storm blew up, whipping up the sharp coral sand and truly sandblasting us! Exfoliation whether we liked it or not!!

Despite all this we had lots of fun and saw some amazing underwater sights including swimming with sharks!

Tomorrow we are heading to Koh Phang Ngan (if we can face another boat ride!) where we're hoping to go to a Moon Party to celebrate whatever phase the moon is in that night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb