My dives!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
July 16th 2008
Published: July 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey all just a quick one to describe how much fun my dives were! It was really good that claire was here because i would have been a bit lonely with jo doing a four day course, doing 10 hours a day! She had done her open water a few years ago but never done a fun dive so it was perfect really and we buddied up. Claire had to do a refresher course which to be fair helped me get back in to things as well because she had to do some practice questions before hand. Anyway, we did our first dive at south west pinnacle which was pretty cool, it was a large rock with three pinnacles reaching heights of 20m. The visibility was really good at about 25m, there were quite a few fish about and it was really good to get back in to things. Had no problems equalising either which is a first for me! we just took it steady at 18m for around 40 minutes, it was just a nice relaxing swim around. We got to see a morrey eel and some parrot fish. The second dive of the dfay was just a shallow one in a bay, up to about 15m deep. This was a nice dive too, not too much to see but we got to see a yellow boxfish which are apparently quite rare. They are tiny yellow fish that are literally a cuboid with fins! Saw a few grouper fish too. These were just two really relaxing dives that helped me get back in to the routine.

The following morning we went out with Jo's boat with a japanese instructor which was pretty funny! We headed to twins which is another shallow dive, up to 17m. There was a bit more to see as there were lots of large rocks with things hiding underneath. We managed to see a blue spotted ray, some more eels and there were 4 barracudas swimming right next to us! We also found some squid eggs which were the wierdest things ever! So overall not the best dive sites ive ever been on but nice to get back in to the swing of things! There are apparently a few sites which regularly see sharks, they told us that we would on our sites too but that was a lie!

Jo has filled you in on the rest hope everyone is well love to all xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0536s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb