Koh Pha Ngan and Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, been a long while since we have blogged, but we have been busy bunnies island hopping! We last wrote when we were leaving koh tao and were going to koh pha ngan for the full moon party. The Island is really nice, a really good party atmosphere. Gorgeous beach lined with bars playing really good and really loud music. Our beach'bungalow' was more of a shed on the beach, no hot water, holes in the floor and generally not the best. Still though, it had great views and a good balcony complete with hammock. We were a 15 min jungle treck from the centre which wasnt pleasant in the dark, but otherwise we loved koh pha ngan. We beached it up first few days then decided we would get a big quad to tour the island. We had an awesome day drining through the countryside and went to meet up with claire who was staying 40 mins away in a really nice hotel. On the way we stopped at a "waterfall" which had unfortunately dried up! never mind. Jo did a lot of driving, she was loving it, as you can imagine i wasnt! lol only joking she was good.
The day came for the full moon and the weather was awful, really overcast and we feared the worst. At about 6pm just after meeting up with claire to prepare for the impendng night of carnage, the heavens completely opened! massive monsoon! This time it didnt only last an hour it lasted about 4, we got the full moon party about 10 and it was awesome! So many people crammed down on to the beach having a good time drinking, watching the fire dancers and listening to some really good music. We took our poncho's down just incase it rained later but jo 'couldn't be bothered carrying hers rtound' so she binned hers. I kept mine! and at aprox 2am it started to rain again, i was the saviour and they no longer mocked the bulge in my pocket that was my great yellow poncho! We all sat under it until we got too tired and headed back to the ranch. Really good experience just a shame the rain hindered it.

The following morning we got the ferry over to ko samui. The music from the full moon party still going strong at 11am! Ko Samui was a really nice island, quite touristy, similar to spain. Our hote was quite basic but had a secluded beach it shared with only two other hotels. It was really nice and relaxing. We spent the first night having a nice mixed grill and retiring early. Our second day was spent soaking up our last rays on our lovely tropical beach. That night we went into chaweng, which is the main resort and we had a gorgeous meal at quite a posh restaurant. Unbelievable steaks yet again! We then went down to the beach and met up with claire and briony for end of holiday drinks. Lovely end to our time on the islands. Back to bangkok today, good flight really nice airport but its not our favourite place. Gonna do some last min shopping and chill out.
This is our last blog of an unbelievable holiday. We have had such a good time and would love to bring all of you over here to enjoy it as much as we did, hope you guys enjoyed reading it.
Miss everyone loads and we will see you soon.
Love and kisses!
x x x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb