Thai-break


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
April 21st 2008
Published: April 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Right- here we go again.

Flew to Bangkok, didn't sleep at all. Arrived at Bangkok where it was very very hot. Hotter than i initially expected

Got potentially death-taxi which drove into the centre of town through the tiniest backstreets he could find before stopping outside a little market to ask for directions. went down some more random tiny streets before bumping into the hostel. turns out it was really nice. Dumped the bag, had a few beers and a fish curry for about two pounds, and went straight to sleep. exciting stuff.

next day involved going to town on the sky train thing to spend most of the day in the huge shopping places trying to find an underwater camera case for my camera. This did not exist. afternoon was spent wandering round town- was thai new year which involves an enourmous water fight and every thai person in the world being in the streets that i wanted to look round. Lots of clay and water later i was soaked and quite grumpy, so went back to nice clean hostel, ate and drank (pad thai this time) then headed out into town for quite an oidd night in as it turns out one of bangkoks more colourful areas. bit grim but found one bar that had a live band. was with new friend alex and a german guy called lloyd, and alex and i decided we wanted to play in the band. i kicked out the drummer and he replaced the guitarist for a few songs. this was quite good fun. Next day involved comparatively little, however that night was the night bus followed by a boat ride out to Ko Tao (where i currently am) to start my advanced diving course. Got into the sea for a bit in the afternoon (got a bit pink) which was about 31 degrees. warm. had a red snapper and some king prawns for about 2 pounds then went for a few beers with two guys id bumped into on the dive resort (place called Bans- very smart) at a brilliant beach bar down the road.

next day was first dives- one to 30m and a navigation one. went for a few beers and tried my first bucket. this made me a bit hungover so decided not to dive the day dives the following day, just did the night one which was a very odd feeling. next day was two more dives then a few celebratory beers with guy our instructor followed by anohter day of little activity. that night (last night) was full moon party on Ko pagnan which involved getting on the boat back at 7am with no sleep. i am now tired and getting overnight bus to start diving boat trip on other side of country. i like diving. i'm going to see a whale shark and a manta ray.

all for now....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb