One guess at where we are...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 15th 2007
Published: August 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

yep, Koh Toa again!

And we can now officially call it our second home! Stayed at the usual place, Bans, for first few nights! Stayed in another gorgeous room...living the high life again! But Dawn was diving so got the rooms for cheap! Everyone laughs at us...not backpackers! Stay in plush rooms, always doing our hair and make up (well, we all know who they're referring to there!), and have more clothes between us then a debenhams store! But who cares, travel how you want to hey!

Anyway, was really good to be back! Had a crazy night out on the second night! A quiet night turned into us all getting battered! Returned to our hotel room to carry on the party, realised no drink, so went to the 7-11 shop! So battered that me, Sar, Nando and Tanner walked in, found some chairs at the back of the shop! So sat and chilled out! Lads went to the fridge and got the Barcardi Breezers out! Sat some more, drank some more, did the Barcardi challenge (down teh quickest and all that! I lose everytime!)...it's great knowing the DM's coz no ones says anything to them! Can get away with anything! Tthen the sky suddenly opened! And we still needed to get back! That shop has everything ya need...a nice bright pink rain mac! Have to checkt the pics out when I get them off Sar! Never laughed so hard in my life! Classic!

We've decided to stay in Thailand for an extra month now! Was suppose to fly to Oz on 12th August, but we have heard that they are having a bad summer too! A guy called Tom left Koh Toa for Perth, 2 weeks later he was back as Oz was too cold! That sold it for us! Plus we were not ready to leave Thailand! I love this place! And it's cheaper than Oz so can save some pennies...have I justified myself enough yet? ha! SO pushed the flight back until 11th Sept (we wondered why they didn't charge us not to change the flight! Didn't click on with the date at the time! oh well, safest day to travel now I guess...touch wood!).

As staying for a while, couldn't afford to stay at Bans, so got ourselves our own little house! It's called Tommy's Resort, and we know a few people living there already! Mainly DM's! It's really nice! Me, Nik and Sar in one room, but more than big enough for us all! Balcony, TV, hot water, kitchen (Not that we cook when most resturants will deliver!)! And so cheap! Costing us 100 bahts each a night (which is bout a quid night each! Can';t get that in England!)...payed up for the month, so proper locals now! It's a little out of the way, so we have to get some means of transport! Niks on a scooter (she looks so cool!) and me and Sar are sharing a quad bike. We didn't feel safe on a scooter..tried it, nearly feel off after 3 metres so scrapped the idea! I'll stick to 4 wheels thanks! So this is our life for the next 4 weeks...get up, jump on the Quad, get a salad or sandwich from our fav takeaway Zanzi bar, chill by Bans pool or beach, jump on the quad back home, get ready, back on the quad, drink drink drink, then it all starts again! Don'think we'll ever get bored...just skint! Nik was worried bout money so she's got a job behind Bans bar now! It's brilliant as we would be there all night anyway as thats where everyone goes...she knows everyone behind the bar anyhow, so she's getting paid to drink for free (plus the free or cheap drinks mine and Sars way is defo a bonus too! Hardly spent a penny!), chat and dance with all our mates, and get paid for doing it!

What else have I done...really hard to remember as all the days are flying and blending into one! Just not enough hours in the day here! Or maybe I should try getting outta bed earlier...hmmm, always been lazy!

Think thats bout it really! Probably boring ya to death now, so gonna go!

Hope ya all OK!

Keep the messages coming! Good to hear whats happening back home!

Love ya and miss ya all!

xxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0732s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb