Snorkeling day


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
August 11th 2017
Published: August 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The morning was spent relaxing and doing beachy things and in the afternoon George, Mollie and Sam went on a longtail boat snorkeling trip. They got to the boat in an open sided open backed tuk tuk type people carrier thingy (can't think what they are called). The sea was quite choppy as they went to Kho Tan island. They ankered near to it where it was calmer and dived off the boat and went snorkeling. They saw lots of coral and loads of little stripy fish, parrot fish and sting rays. A 'nemo' fish atacked the go pro which amused them. They might have seen a trigger fish but they are not sure. Later they went ashore and were given what looked like a banquet of exotic fruits to try most of which they liked. They swung on a big swing and climbed a palm tree and on the boat ride back watched the sun set. All in all they had a very nice time.
Mean time I chilled by the pool, tried to catch up with this blog, swam in the sea and walked round the bay. The end of the bay is in fact an island which I hadn't realized. I was bought a lovely pot of green tea and cakes in my room which was nice.
They didn't get back till about 8.0 when we had dinner by the beach. We were just finishing our meal when a ferocious wind blew up and sent signs and table cloths and all sorts flying all around. The staff rushed to put up shutters across the openings, tided round and re lit the candles. It didn't rain till we were tucked up in bed. We have been just so lucky with the weather so far.

Ihttps://www.travelblog.org/Photos/9523960


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb