Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
August 22nd 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sophie continued to travel with us as we made our way to Ko Samui. For the first couple of night we stayed in a quieter area called Big Buddah Beach (no buddah in sight!) Here we had nice clean bungalows and a lovely pool to ourselves. We spent most of these two days messing about in the pool with brief excursions to the beach but it was nice doing nothing for a couple of days. We did have a really nice meal out one day and I tried a Catfish Red Curry which was delicious!!!

After this we moved to Lamai and stayed at New Hut Bungalows, right on the beach. These were a lot more basic but it was lovely walking out on the golden sand every morning! We spent our first day in the sea and had a few drinks that night but the area was again really quiet! Our second day here we hired mopeds and visited some lovely waterfalls (Sophie's first waterfalls of the trip) where we had a little swim before going to visit Chaweng for dinner. If we were going to go back to Samui this is where we'd stay as there was much more going on, which you need sometimes otherwise it can ghet a bit boring, however for us it was back to our deserted beach, which was of course lovely in itself, for a quick dip in the sea and some route planning....Next stop MALAYSIA!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0411s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb