A Whole Lot of Nothing


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
August 8th 2012
Published: August 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was what we would probably consider the laziest day we have in Thailand. With nothing planned, we woke up, took our time, and finally made it down to breakfast. We then had to figure out what to do.

Kayde had been saying all along that she wanted a manicure and pedicure, so I decided that was what was going to happen today. We took off walking down the sreet in Lamai looking for a "reputable" shop to work on her. She said she wanted some place that looked like it would be in America. After about 20 minutes, we came across a place that looked like it had been placed here straight off American soil. It wasn't open until noon, so we took a break at the local McDonald's, where we had some fries and "american ketchup". (At least that is what it said. It tastes much closer than the tomato sauce they call ketchup everywhere else in this country).

Noon finally rolled around and we headed to the nail salon. Two Thai ladies got to work on Kayde's feet and hands for about an hour and a half. I took a picture of them at work, but Kayde won't let me post it for the world to see because she didn't have any makeup on.

After her manicure and pedicure, we headed back to the hotel to relax some. Kayde took a nap, and I sat on our veranda and enjoyed a few Tiger beers and checked emails.

We went to the food vendors again tonight and tried to branch out. We ordered chicken pad thai, masamman curry with chicken, noodle soup, and fried cashew chicken with vegatables. We were absolutely stuffed by the time we left.

Sorry for such a short blog and only one picture. We really didn't do much. We each got to talking about it, and I think it was a top 3 day in Thailand for both of us. It was nice to just kick back.

Tomorrow is day 2 of nothingness. It is also our last full day in Thailand so we plan to blog about our favorite things and not so favorite things. It should be a good one. We also plan on doing some reminiscing of our time here. Maybe plan our next trip?

Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0935s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb