Tropical Paradise


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
July 5th 2006
Published: July 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hiya everyone.
Since bloging last we then moved to a place next to Ko Ma, which is where the main island meets the little island via a sandbar. It was very beautiful. After settling in, mum went elephant trekking up the mountain and she said there were lovely views (see picture). Later that day me and bobby stayed up to watch the England V Portugal match on the TV at our resort with the locals. We are very dissapointed in Rooney!!
We then headed to Ko Samui. On the first day we went to the Big Budda and this is where mum first experience the rainy season in Thailand as we got drenched on the way there. We did manage to get there and at the temple they had fortune telling machines by the budda - but mums fortune was quite depressing. We therefore decided to cheer ourselfs up by going to Tescos afterwards. This made us very happy indeed as this time me and bobby got 14 pounds extra in change as they made a mistake!
The next day we had a nice relaxing time at the beach which was great. Yesterday we rented a jeep and mum was our personal driver. We drove all the way around the island and stopped off at beaches along the way and we went to the islands largest waterfall too at 80m high. The Bobby tour ended of course at Tescos!
Today we are having a final relaxing day before we begin to rush around again like normal. We have sorted out all of the things we want mum to take home with her and so our bag should no longer feel like a ton of bricks.
Also since mum has come she has changed from being a 'flashpacker' to a backpacker with our help. However we still are eating out every day but it is very cheap in comparison to england (70p for a big meal) and so even me and bob are tempted to eat out every so often we mum leaves!

We would like to say a massive thank you to our wonderful daddykins for his kind donation to the bobby trip.

We would also like to say we hope Yvonne had a great 22nd birthday!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



5th July 2006

Returned from Iceland!
Great to see ur stil having a whale of a time. I had a fun-packed time in Iceland and have lots of pics of waterfalls and mountains! However, I think the weather is proving to be alot better for u two than what i had in iceland (Very Wet and Windy!). Ps. I wasn't aware we had elephants in the UK. lol (I believe u really!)
5th July 2006

Still jealous!
Wow loving the blog as always! The last one where you went snorkling is really amazing! Tanya....you have a PROPER TAN! How big was the snake that got stepped on? Weird it didnt die.....haha.
5th July 2006

No thanks needed
If a dad can't slip the odd thousand quid or so to his two favourite children what use is he?
6th July 2006

I'm a believer
Ok, Ok we believe you now! Your mum is actually with you. Yes we too experienced the heavy rain - but you soon dry out. If your mum is taking the heavy items back, does that mean the shorts are coming out for both of you? Have that massage before you leave Thailand - even if it is just your feet! Love from the two of us (who want to be in Thailand again too)

Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb