Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Sorry this blog is a little late. We got into Bangkok fine, the flight was good, plenty of movies and games to keep me entertained. We got a taxi from the airport to our hostel on Khosan road, had a bit of trouble finding it first as it was down a small allyway but got there eventually. Next day headed out to find the grand palace, it was only a 10 minute walk from our hostel. We ended up walking around the perimeter before finally finding the entrance. It was quite a site...a complex of temples, statues, and shrines (check out the photos). Managed to see the emerald buddha, which sits on top of a golden pinastle.

After a few more days in Bangkok we got the train south to Surat Thani. It was an overnight train and surprisingly was the best sleep I had since arriving, I think the slow rocking motion helped. From surat Thani we got the boat across to Koh Samui, an island off the coast, where I am atm. The beaches here are good, tho is quite toursisty. Rented some mopeheads for 2 days and went exploring the island. They were really fun and are actually quite fast! The whole island is only about 50km2 and the road follows the coast all the way around. Stopped off at some sights along the way, a giant golden buddha statue, which overlooks the bay and some other giant statues which I don't know the name of! On the second day, we headed across the island to do some elephant trekking. The elephant dropped us off at the base of a mountain, which we climbed about 1/2 way up to see a waterfall and do some swimming. Steve got a flat tyre on the way back, but we kept going anyway and eventually made it to the hostel with only a 3 pound fine!

Anyway, we are just sorting out travel arrangements atm, are planning on meeting Luke in Singapore sometime at the start of July, just got to figure out how were going to get there.

Hope all is going well at home.

P.S- Happy birthday Stew, hope u had a good one and got my card, happy fathers day Dad.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Mopehead rideMopehead ride
Mopehead ride

Pulling in out of the tropical downpour
Elephant rideElephant ride
Elephant ride

Im hungry!!!!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb