Ready for our next adventure


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
October 18th 2008
Published: October 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have to say goodbye to Koh Samui in the morning, as we head for Bangkok for 3 days, then the ship after.

The best thing that has happened in the last week is the birth of our first granddaughter, Brook Isabella Hervey, born Sunday, Oct. 12. She is in Uncle Steve's arms in the picture on Friday Oct. 17.

We made sure we sent the pictures of the plumbing and the electrical that we would like to have at Lake Wildwood to our builder, Len. He wrote back that this good of quality surely wasn't in his bid, and he'll have to contact some Asian subs to get this work done to this degree. I hope those who visit us at Wildwood appreciate the "hot" and "cold" tags on the faucets.

As it rained hard this morning for the first time since we've been here, we stayed in, as I sprained my ankle the other day and had to cancel or snorkel trip, so it was a good day for reading, etc. We had to go to a Thai cooking class and stuff ourselves for 2 hours. The best was the desert, of course, of cooked bananas in warm coconut cream...YUM! They have many, very interesting root vegetables, herbs, and fruit. They even use the leaves of lime trees for lime flavoring, lemon grass for lemon flavoring, and a bunch of other stuff that I've never heard of. The chef said that Thai food is mostly known for the complexity of herbs they use. I agree. They gave us a cookbook with a bunch of recipes. Watch out Mikie!






Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



19th October 2008

coconut!!!!mmmm
sounds so yummy! i'm hungry just hearing about it! Can't wait till you try this cooking on us! we miss you both so much!
19th October 2008

Thai,Food
Whatever those things on your plate are they look like they taste nasty. As little George might say to Thai food: "No thanks."
20th October 2008

Brooke is adorable!
Hope you are having a great time!The plumbing is VERY INTERESTING! Anything with coconut sounds great! It is so much fun to keep up with your adventures with this blog! Love you both, Jill

Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.044s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb