Greetings from Koh Samui(lots of phot's attached!)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
September 9th 2005
Published: September 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey everyone, first of all, if the constant emails to let you know i've upated my page get annoying please tell me and i will remove your email from the subscribers list and you can check it as and when you feel! I have now found a computer where I can upload photo's so here are a few leaving do photos 😊

Koh Samui:
We have been staying at the moonhut bungalows on Maenam beach for the last few days and leave Samui on sunday morning- we really don't want to leave!This part of the trip has just been a relaxing holiday time and despite it being monsoon season have had hardly any rain during the daytime-in fact when it has we have made a special effort to run into the sea for it! The sea is so warm and clear, its gorgeous. As far as the food goes we are breaking ourselves in gently to the spicyness(is that a word? ). So far most people have spoken some english and most menu's are english- parts are so westernised its scary. We are making attempts at the language and can manage hello/goodbye, thank you and please -hoping to progress further! The bartering is quite fun, we are having to take a hard line e.g. 500 no 200.
Yesterday we went to see the "big budda" our first temple experience and trying to dress appropriately and not cause offence e.g. cover as much skin as possible with long sleeved top and trousers and remember to remove shoes and hats - some tourists did not observe these rules to our annoyance. It was interesting to observe the religious customs e.g. burning incense and candles, putting pieces of what appeared to be gold foil on the religious statues and ringing the bells as you walk around the statue.
We also saw the na muang falls yesterday and went swimming in the plunge pool at the bottom of the falls which was really good fun. As you may have noticed on visits to other countries sometimes the taxi drivers will wait for you so they get a return fare- our taxi driver waited for us at the falls and picked us some fruit called lamyai or longan which apparently is a close relative of the lychee and was really sweet.


Koh Pha Ngan
Today we visited koh pha ngan, a smaller island close to koh samui known partially for its rave parties especially around the full moon- we visited during the day time and went to Hat khuat(bottle beach) a beach accessible only by boat and we were taken there by a local fisherman. Despite its nickname its a really nice beach with soft sand and no bottles in sight! Unfortunately we didn't have long there but did have enough time for a quick dip and some lunch. For those of you who have seen the film Jurrasic Park, you may rember the bit where they are flying in at the beginning- look at the pictures below because when we are on the boat looking at the scenery that is the music that popped into my head! on the way back we were too wet to go into the taxi so went on the back jeep part of the taxi and ended up with bridget jones style mad hair- v amusing!
I've rambled on for long enough - off to Bangkok soon, enjoy the Photo's!Love Sarah xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb