Phi Phi Island - Two days is enough!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
January 26th 2017
Published: January 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Phi Phi, should be renamed Poo Poo coz that's what the island smells like! We arrive after a two hour ferry ride to piles of people fumbling around trying to find their hotel porters, or just trying to find hotels in general, lots of chaos!

Our bags are shuttled to our hotel, which so far may be the worst one we've stayed in. The room is big, but that's the only good thing. Our shower room smells like sewage, oh and over here you can't flush toilet paper so we also have a bin without a lid to put soiled toilet paper in... nice! But as with the last one it's only two nights so not the end of the world!

Phi Phi is a party Island, selling buckets filled with ice, a bottle of alcohol and cans of mixers for 150 baht. There are beach parties, karaoke bars and tattoo shops everywhere. It's kind of sad, because actually if they hadn't completely catered for drunk tourists it would actually be quite a beautiful island.

We spent our first day walking around getting our bearings and hiking up to see two viewpoints with amazing views of the sunset. When we realised we were being bitten to shit we hiked back down again. When we reached the bottom our legs were shaking it was that high up! Back to our room for a quick (3 hours) spruce up and we're back out.

We found ourselves sitting in 'Reggae Bar' which is a bar where tourists can get into a boxing ring and beat each other up. They're provided protection but we saw one guy get beat by what was clearly a trained boxer and also another guy get his rib broken... oh dear. On the walk back to our room we spotted a very smell very fluffy Pomeranian dog sitting in a tattoo shop. Us stopping to play with the dog lead us to meet our first 'friends' of the trip. A couple from Kent. They told us all about their backpacking stories, how they were here till their money ran out, they were spending no more than 60 baht per day eating and were sharing a room with six other people. A far cry from our experiences so far, although I think we can only loosely call ourselves backpackers. I mean I'm currently looking at resorts to stay in when we reach Koh Lanta so I can have access to a swimming pool.... oh well each to their own!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb