And another beach....and another beach


Advertisement
Published: August 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Destruction on Koh Phi PhiDestruction on Koh Phi PhiDestruction on Koh Phi Phi

Like I said, this does not even come close to describing the destruction on this part of the island.
Hello again,

Well, since my last post, we have had the kind of vacation that we pictured but never imagined possible. We caught the ferry to Koh Phi Phi island in the afternoon on the 3rd and had to spend a night there since we missed the late ferry back to the mainland (Krabi). So, we took the advice of some people in Phuket and went to a place called Long Beach which was on the south end of the island (about a 10 min boat ride by Longtail boat.) This place was unreal and our overnight stay turned into 3 days. We met a German couple the first night and hung out with them for most of the time. Too many Chang beers each night may have contributed to us staying as long as we did since we did seem to have trouble getting up in the mornings.

I have attached a few photos of this place showing where we stayed and also the destruction of the Tsunami. THis island was one of the worst hit and the pictures don't even do it justice. After speaking to some of the locals, we found out that 700 bodies were
Sunset on Long Beach (Koh Phi Phi)Sunset on Long Beach (Koh Phi Phi)Sunset on Long Beach (Koh Phi Phi)

This is the beach we stayed on and that is about how many people there were all day!!!!!
found and 1300 were missing. Apparently it was quite a mess on the main part, but hte beach we stayed on was hardly touched. Quite the thing to see in person.

We are now in Krabi on Reiley Beach. (Thanks for the advise Langer and Bess). Paying a little more here, but staying in lush accomodations. The reality is that we think that $20CDN is alot now, but really this place would cost $150/night in Mexico. It also includes free breakfast in the morning....."American Breakfast" .......hot dogs, rice, beans and toast. Maybe that is a Texas breakfast???? So, we'll have some more amazing photos over the next few days.......I'd say this is the nicest place we've been.....scenery wise.

I hate to leave this A/C'd computer room, but the beach awaits. Needless to say, the whities from Canada are quite burnt now, but lookin for more!!!!!

Talk to you all again!

T & S


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

"Sausage" the beer chugging dog"Sausage" the beer chugging dog
"Sausage" the beer chugging dog

This guy followed us back to the bungalow and ate bugs for Serena
Two "redneck" CanadiansTwo "redneck" Canadians
Two "redneck" Canadians

Serena spotted this pppeerrrfect photo opportunity.....so how could we pass it up.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb