Greetings from Paradise....Thai Style


Advertisement
Published: July 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Heya all, thailand is such a crazy place we flew in to phuket on saturday....i felt a little worse for wear, as we had been up drinking with 3 irish guys,an italian girl and 3 canadians...very cosmopolitian...needless to say me and stick were both sick....and at the same time...mmmmm lovely lol.
When we got to patong we met up with emma and claire (from KL and Penang) and they sorted us out some digs, Nancy's Best Guesthouse, off some random side street...but was nice enough.
Patong is not a very nice place,its been way too much built up..and there are too many old western girls with young thai girls...all a bit wrong!!
We watched the england game in an irish bar,after having a dinner of pork chops and mash...i know...very thai.
Well not much to be said for the football...so lets skip forward to yesterday.
Got a boat from phuket town to phi phi don...took nearly 2 hours...and was very rough, but i got through it without puking!!
Met up with Kiet (from kl and penang) and another couple of guys, gareth and john from england, and james from Oz. We went down the beach and wallowed in the water for an hour or so...so nice to relax.
Phi Phi is so much more developed than i imagined..i was expecting it to be like the perhentians....but was disappointed. Its not too bad tho...and the nightlife is certainly better, went to Hippies bar for a couple last night...saw a fire dancing show....fantastic!!
Today we have been on a snorkelling trip, the first stop was very nice...calm water,loadsa fish and coral and a very nice beach. After this we went on to bamboo island...and the trip over was one of the worst i have ever been on...so so rough...thought we were gonna capsize, as we were only in one of those longtail boats!!Got soaking wet and a bit cold.
After that my appetite for snorkelling diminished...especially after the return trip....so when we were told we were going to go over to phi phi leh (The Beach island), i wossed out and got a boat back to the main beach with the 2 aussie girls on our trip...Doing Disaster Management has made me paranoid.
Well thats pretty much it for now...im really hungry so gonna have to go.
Peter thanks for the messages...france sounded...well, different,lol
Speak to you all soon!!

Advertisement



7th July 2006

hi
Hey bro u prob wont read this until u get home but all well! Lookin 4ward 2 ur return v much! I can tell u all bout my trip n u can tell me bout urs! lol Hows things a goin?? All ok here...Tho have had a couple of thunder storms Im goin 2 see all american rejects =D Day afta my bdayso a gd way 2 celebrate as well as mcfly So thats 10 concerts 4 me this year!! Yay!!! =D see ya/tlk soon emxx

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb