PHiPHi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
July 11th 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys been really busy doing nothing in phiphi. This island is so beautiful, there are no cars on the island at all and everyone is really friendly. We have absolutely loved our hotel here it is really nice. We haven't really done a lot just chilled on the beautiful beaches here, white sands, clear blue waters and it has been 30 C+ everyday. We have had a bit of rain in the evenings but still really hot. Found some really nice restaurants on the beach that do good food so we got over the disaster of the first nights 'steak' incidence. On Wednesday night we went to see some thai boxing which was definately an experience. There were 7 scheduled fights at a local bar which had a full size ring in it, it was the actual ring that they did the thai boxing challenge in on the dirty sanchez movie! The warm up fights were all younger fighters from 11 to about 16. The main fight were a lot more action packed with about 10 knock outs which were fun to watch. Afterwards they challenge the crowd to fight each other to win a bucket of cocktail. There was a girl fight which was hilarious, boobs flying out everywhere! I was gonna do a fight but the other guy from nottingham ran off :-( You were full head and body protection so not too bad.
Yesterday we got a long tail boat (traditional thai boat) which is quite a long wooden boat that are not really as sturdy as you would hope. We hired it for the day at quite an expense as we had been told that we had to visit a small island off the coast of phiphi that was beautiful. The journey was quite rocky, Mum you would have hated it lol, but we stopped first at a lagoon which was so picture-esque, the water was so calm and clear, it was surrounded by cliff faces covered in greenery and was so refreshing to swim in. We stoppped here for a swim and some piccies, the first testing of Jo's new underwater camera, which was a great success! After half an hour or so we headed for maya bay which is the one everyone talks about. The journey round from the lagoon was a bit choppy but the scenery made sure we didnt notice it as much. Beautiful cliff faces and forest coverage. Mayay bay is actually a national park so we had to pay 400 Bahts (8pounds) to go on to the bay but it was sooo worth it. Its hard to explain how beautiful it was, so we have taken a million photos we will try get on to facebook later. Had an awesome day and we both got an awwesome tan.

We have just booked to go to koh tao at the other side of thailand which will take over 11 hours!! on bus and night ferry. Not going to be fun but hey ho!
missing everyone lots and hope to see you soon. Jo has added lots of photos so check them out on facebook
!!
love to all xxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb