We found a secret map that lead us to a paradise island.....


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Phi Phi Don
November 15th 2006
Published: November 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

another idyllic beach.....another idyllic beach.....another idyllic beach.....

a snorkelling stop here for us
Well ok, we're not starring in the sequel to the beach, but we did feel like extras on our trip to the most beautiful islands today........

One of the most popular trips seems to be to Koh Phi Phi (pronounced Pee Pee) where the film 'The Beach' was filmed. Phi Phi is actually split into two separate islands - Phi Phi Le, which is the film location, and Phi Phi Don, which is a larger more inhabited island.

We took a speed boat from the port in Phuket for about an hour to the islands. The speed boat was great fun, but very very bumpy (Rudi, if you're reading, you wouldn't have liked this one!) Chris was at the front and said it was better than any roller coaster he'd ever been on....another girl moved to the back of the boat to escape the roller coaster, and got drenched with Jax at the back!

We spent about an hour on 'The beach', it really is an amazing island and beautiful beach, although, as you would imagine, has become a major tourist trap, so not quite the peaceful retreat it would have been pre the film.

Anyway, had
The famous beach....The famous beach....The famous beach....

still an amazing site, desite the tourists and the many boats
a fantastic day touring round a number of paradise like islands and stopped for lunch on one idyllic island with nothing other on it than our restaurant. Although neither of us are massive beach bums, we both agreed we could have spent a good few days here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

On the path into the jungle from 'The beach'On the path into the jungle from 'The beach'
On the path into the jungle from 'The beach'

unfortunately Jax didn't find Leonardo or a little commune hut to join!
Which way's the beach.....?Which way's the beach.....?
Which way's the beach.....?

....Chris's favourite line (stag do memories coming back!)


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb