Day 73 - Koh Pangyang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
October 7th 2011
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So the infamous full moon party was on the 12th of Oct. So that was our next stop as we had been warned that most places are a 7 night minimum stay coming up to the full moon party.



So we checked out of Lamai Wanta and got the bus to and boat to Koh Pangyang after what felt like forever we got to the island but typically we had no where booked so we got a tuk tuk to one of the places a friend recommended but the tuk tuk driver had his own agenda and brought us to some random place, after a small argument we got him to drop us to the nearest town, which was like a blink and you will miss it place and we couldn't find a guest house to even ask if they had a room so we got another tuk tuk to the next town and after asking in a few different places we found out they were looking for a stupid amount of money for not great places like not even properly clean!



We found a place, called the Blue Marine, it was clean but basic and reasonably priced we hadn't decided exactly how long we were going to stay as we were kinda in the middle of nowhere and not loving the island. It was dark by the time we checked in. We were starving at this stage so we went looking for food. On the way out to dinner we passed a big prayer group, turns out it was a Islamic holy day and there was a loads of Islamic on the island. Any way after a while we found a nice place on the beach but just before dinner was served the heavens opened and it lashed rain. So when we finished dinner we just headed back to the hotel.



Still deciding how long we should stay we were just getting comfortable and this MASSIVE cockroach runs across the floor and I mean HUGE, thankfully he ran under the door to get out, but typically G and I are screaming like girls and I ran across to reception to get them to do something. There were two older men just playing cards in reception and just laughed at me when I explained but thankfully he could see I was distressed so came to look and make sure it had gone out eventually after half an hour we got the little f'er.



So once again we tried to get to sleep but that didn't really happen, and we pretty much decided to get off this island. So once we got up early the next morning to check out and figure where we were going to next, but we got a sweet ride to the boat some dude in a big swanky Toyota charged us a third of what we paid to get there to get back to the port and it had air con...woop. We had a two hour wait till our boat so we booked out tickets and then went to the Irish bar across the road to watch Ireland match in the rugby world cup.



See ya later Pangyang...



Rx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb