Enjoying the beach


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 4th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we didn't do much besides buy our tickets to get to Krabi and relax on the beach. We have to get up early tomorrow (6 am pick up at a resort next to ours – the road to Leela is too treacherous for the taxis…) so we wanted to have an easy day. For dinner we went with Camila and Felipe to the town area and ate at one of the local places for much cheaper than the big restaurants. While we were eating another Chilean couple came in – random!

A funny story from last night was that Camila and Felipe and the others got caught without writstbands and the guards or cops (we're not sure what their authority really was) came over so they started running away! Haha...well, one of them grabbed Felipe so Camila hit the guy and they ran away. So funny because that situation in Chile would have gone down completely differently and ended up with Camila and Felipe on the ground -- those Chilean pacos don't mess around...

As a random side note, Camila had told us that when they came a day or two earlier, they were shown our cabin but refused to stay there because there were so many spiders. Well, we didn’t see one until tonight when I saw a line of ants crawling from beside the bathroom to underneath one of our bags. Then we saw a whole bunch of ants working together and dragging half a dead spider towards the bathroom….pretty incredible how they work together!

Technical Details

- For Americans: entering Thailand by air = 30 day visa; entering by land = 15 day visa (both are free)

· All of the agencies in town get together to decide the fixed price they sell for buses, etc.

· To Krabi: 650 is the cheapest and the only difference is the boat (this one takes two hours); 850 is the other price and your boat takes 1 hour

Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb