Black Moon Party


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 3rd 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We are really glad we are on Leela Beach because it's only a 10 minute walk from the craziness and the beach is much cleaner and nicer. The party beaches are just gross. Today we put up my hammock and enjoyed the beach. The water is a nice clear blue and there isn’t any moss on the bottom to worry about (though there is the occasional fish head…) and the water was a perfect temperature – cool but not too cold.

We met a couple from Santiago, Camila and Felipe, and they have been travelling for a while around these parts and so we hung out with them for the day and into the night. At 10 pm a taxi (100 baht each) left from our place to go to the black moon party with a few others from England and Wales. When we got there we saw that there was an entrance fee of 500, a sum much larger than we were willing to pay, so we walked a little to the left and hopped a crudely constructed cement wall, leaving bits of flesh there as a marker of our presence.

This party was basically a rave, with black lights illuminated the beach. It was not the best party we’d been to, but it was still fun. We left around 1 am, found a taxi (100 baht each) and there were still tons of people there.

Technical Details

There are a ton of people walking around with bandages due to moto accidents – unless you’ve grown up riding a motorbike it’s pretty much inevitable that you’ll crash on these roads…they’re awful and full of hills and holes and barely paved

Advertisement



Tot: 0.226s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb