Sorry mums - we hired mopeds


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 30th 2005
Published: January 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

On 28th December we moved to Phangan Cabana on the other side of the Island. The accommodation was questionnable for the 20 pounds price tag per night but the scenery was awesome. The beaches were tucked into little coves and the water was crystal clear turquoise. Shame about the rain though!

Michael is really unwell (lara following closely behind), but the pharmacy is keen to give you a different kind of drug if you know what we mean. After scoring (poor choice of phrase probably) antibiotics we hired mopeds to cheer ourselves up. Before you all shout at your PC's, it is not really that unsafe and all the people we saw with injuries were probably drunk when they rode them off cliffs. There is not much traffic to negotiate other than other mopeds and any drivers are really respectful, so although not ideal it is not as bad as greece and we are alive, aren't we!

We were ultra careful and stuck to 70kmph where possible (only managing to crash into one car and narrowly miss a pedestrian). Andrew slowed down when lara hissed in his ear and we had several hippie moments with the wind rushing through our hair (more through laras than Andrews or Michaels), screaming as we sped down hills (terror and joy). KPN is actually really gorgeous. Really mountainous and beautiful. We have decided we may venture back here in a couple of weeks when the sun comes out. Although none of us are clubby people there is a really good atmosphere in Hat Rin and the day scenery os so lovely we both concede that maybe there are even pretty parts to Ibiza. We bombed it around all day, visiting waterfalls, beaches and other little towns on the Island. We parked up by Ko Mar (Horse Island) which you can only get to at certain times of the day because of the tide. We waded accross and sat there for a bit. We saw elephants and Water Buffalo at the side of the roads. Very cool!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb