Koh pangnan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
August 1st 2008
Published: August 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have been staying on Thong nai pan yai beach for the last few days, which is paradise its quiet without many tourists and no beach sellers its beautiful too. we went to the beach opposite to see if there was a snorkeling store we had been told about though the store was there they wouldnt take snorkelers as sea is to rough... we got some sticky rice with coconut milk and mango and returned to out quieter haven. Henry is still worried about the killer coconuts as he seems to think more people are killed by coconuts falling than anything else in these parts......
we have been spending alot of time with heike who is from berlin so this evening we all went for a oil massage im not quite brave enough for the thai massage yet. it was heaven though we all wondered why they pulled really hard on our toes until everyone of them clicked lol this hurt i can tell you... lol
The toads in the dolphin resort are really quite noisey and in the morning they had laid alot or toad sporn strings and strings of the stuff.. which the owner was trying to remove as he said they will grow and take over the bungalows. So the reason i mentioned this useless peice of info is... we all sat to order our breakfast the owner was writing down what we wanted, heike (we blame you heike) ordered a TOAD lol we thought this really funny so i said yes the same please and henry too, (we did believe at this moment the owner realised our joking) he then asked if we wanted butter with the Toads i pipped up yes please and Garlic.... yumyum lol we then thinking he realised our joke went on with a giggle to order our breakfast lol all ordering quite alot his face was a picture and said we must be hungry... yes yes we are he went off saying ok.......... NOTE TO SELVES..... dont joke with Thai people who dont understand....... 10 minutes later we have a very large order starting to arrive........... starting with... its not really that bad i know what your all thinking but lucky for us he thought we said Toast oh what a lucky escape. though when the toast arrived we all said we didnt order it and sent it back the owner came over and repeated our order a little confused as he said he thought it was a big order a litle shame faces and not adult to stand up and admit our joke we ate all the toast and our very large breakfasts. shame faced we sat all day in the storm in the dolphin so fat we couldnt move.... and just watched the storm roll in and blow the island around like crazy.
heike and I went to the massage again though this time i had a foot massage it was great though they didnt pull my toes this time.
We finally did our long awaited snorkeling trip the weather was much better though still a small wave, the fish and the coral was totally amazing and our pictures really dont do it justice it was fantastic. the colours ond shapes and sizes of all the fish was amazing and all the different corals some of them so big they came to the surface of the water...this was really one of the most amazing things i have seen in all my life the natural wonder of the corals and the fishes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



8th August 2008

breakfast
i am still ordering toads wherever i go for breakfast in berlin :)

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb