Kho Pha Ngan (Dec 2007)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
January 9th 2008
Published: January 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Our journey to Kho Pha Ngan was a bit of a nightmare - our bus tyre burst on he way which meant we were late for the ferry and then after waiting ages for the ferry the boat engine broke down and we were stuck in the sea for ages...these journeys in Asia are never as straightforward as they seem! We didn't get there until early morning but it was well worth the wait - the four of us (me, Lou, Omri and Kenny) rented a couple of really nice bungalows on a beautiful spa resort on the beach. Can't say we did much in the run up to the full moon party on xmas eve, just spent the nights drinking buckets on Haad Rin beach and the days chilling at the beach.

We met a couple of really nice guys, Daryl and Ian, and their friend Nicki, although the way in which we met them was quite amusing. Our bungalows were really nice although we didn't realise how thin the walls were and the fact that you can hear everything through them. Anyways me, Lou and Kenny were having quite a private conversation about sex and masturbation and unbeknown to us, our english neigbours who we hadn't met yet heard everything. We didn't realise this until Lou rolled in early the next morning and Ian asked if she lived at our bungalow, before shouting to Daryl "Oih mate here's the one talking about masturbation!" Anyways we became good friends with them, they seemed pretty keen to get to know us for some strange reason!

Christmas eve was the full moon party. Our resort put in a really nice xmas meal on the 24th - guess they knew no one would be up and about on the 25th. Had a really good time, lots of nice food and cocktails with Ian, Daryl and Nicki and then headed to the beach. The party was amazing, reminded me of Ibiza although a little less messy. All of the bars along the beach have parties going on and there are thousands of people celebrating, quite crazy really. I watched the sunrise in the morning which was beautiful although the carnage in the daylight wasn't, it never is when it starts to get light!

Kenny left early xmas morning so it was just Lou, me and Omri left. We managed to drag ourselves out of bed for a few hours on the beach which I think was quite good going. Had a quiet night with Omri, our last one as sadly he'd had enough of us and was leaving for Ko Tao the next morning. Had a few tears saying goodbye to him the next day, he's a lovely guy who we really enjoyed travelling with.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb