Sars Bday...which means...FULL MOON PARTY!! Woohoo!!!!!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
July 1st 2007
Published: July 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, what can I say! The Full Moon Party was the BEST night I have EVER had! I still get goosebumps when I think of it! It really was amazing! The largest beach party in the world...and oh my god, I have never seen so many people on one beach!!

We got there at midnight (are you surprised - 3 girls - 1 room - plus Sar and her make up!!) and it was rammed! 10,000 people on the beach, different music blasting from all the bars, and everyone was just buzzing!! The atmosphere was overwhelming!! Everyone was dancing on what ever they could find - tables, chairs, bars, trees, in the sea and even on boats! Mental!! And there were fireworks going off! Amazing!!

Luckily we had got to know the Thai owners of our favourite bar (the Drop Inn Bar) really well over last few days, so when we got there we had a prime dancing spot! On the bar!! Perfect!! And thats were we stayed til 10am!!! Just danced, got passed drinks (bit of the old red bull to keep ya going!) and danced some more! And ya over looked all the people down below!

Was funny at around half 7 in the morning! There were still loadsa people dancing away, but if ya went down near the sea, there were people sparked out asleep all over! And people would stand on them, build sand castles on them, and not flinch at all!!

Hoping to get back to another Full Moon before we go! Was just the best ever...wow, wow, wow!!!

The next day (or same day really as had about 3 hrs sleep!) was Sars bday! All a bit hungover and tired, but ya just have to get back on it when feel like that! We bought her a gorgeous bracelet and some Thai style earrings! She loved them! And went for a nice meal (although couldn;t eat any of it!). Me and Nik bought her a bday cake at the restaurant, and the lights went down, candles light and we all sang happy bday! Bless, she loved it!

And then the bars to dance, dance, dance again! Although with a little less energy!

Still on Koh Phangan at the mo! We wanted to leave today and move on to Koh Toa, but unfortunately we missed the last boat! Ali, Zach and Wierdo etc all left today to go back to Koh Samui...was really sad saying goodbye to them! Spent the last 2 and half weeks with them so doesn't feel the same without them! Plus I had a soft spot for Ali (I know, I promised not to let myself get attached to anyone when know ya moving around so much!) and Sar with Wierdo (who would ever have thought Sar would fall for him! But strangely, they go so well!) So defo time to move on! We're all tired and on bit of a downer now! Gonna have a nice meal tonight, and then an early night to get the dinner time boat tomoz!

Miss ya all!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb