Party Party


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
February 28th 2007
Published: March 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Koh Phangan is a small island, known for its extrodinary large full moon parties that take place every lunar rotation. Jordan and I arrived five days prior to the March full moon unaware that we were about to test our livers to new limits, such as an olympic athlete might push his heart rate in practice prior to a big event. Koh Phangan is the craziest place, one where it is completely ordinary to wake up at 2 pm, and greet people with a good morning salutation. A usual day here consited of a 2 hour pool session, dinner at Mama Snitzels (best chicken sandwhiches ever), a chill out and book read during sunset, a bucket after sunset, another bucket after midnight, a sunrise view and then an early morning bedtime which was always around 8 am. Glums of the my time spent here included me having some Coral cut from my foot without any form of freezing or pain killers, but the glows here were being able to meet and converse with some amazingly interesting people from Canada, Norway, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Austria (ya Arnold), Africa, Israel, Ireland (you know who you are you crazy irish), England, Australia, and Thailand.
Small Surgery on my footSmall Surgery on my footSmall Surgery on my foot

the most painful thing I have ever experienced bar none


The trip from Malaysia northwardly to the Gulf of Thailand started with a 6 hour bus ride to the boarder crossing, was then followed by a 6 hour bus ride to the port city of Surat Thani, and an overnight boat ride that departed at 11 pm and arrived in Koh Phangan at 6 am. Upon arrival we met a few fellow Candian who pointed us in the direction of the Rin beach resort which had an incredible ocean view, a large pool and beach bungalows all for 600 Baht (20 Can). During the next few days we waited and watched as people came in droves to the island until the standing population at the full moon party was said to be around 20 000 people, all of whom were their for the sole purpose of this one nice party.

http://www.travelblog.org/bloggers/your-guide-jordan/




Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Lead the way BronxLead the way Bronx
Lead the way Bronx

Nick from New York
Clean LaundryClean Laundry
Clean Laundry

all of this laundry clean for 60 baht(2 dollars Can)
Night FerryNight Ferry
Night Ferry

they definetely have these boats set up for backpackers. rows and rows of bunk beds were inside.
Bamboo TattooBamboo Tattoo
Bamboo Tattoo

so many people were getting tattoos here with the bamboo style. it apparently doesn't hurt and it was pretty incredible to watch.
TattooTattoo
Tattoo

Thanks Meg
TattooTattoo
Tattoo

a few spots of this tattoo left me sweating on the table. whoaaaa
TattooTattoo
Tattoo

Thanks boys
Tattoo on bedsheetsTattoo on bedsheets
Tattoo on bedsheets

the resort might not be so found of this one


13th March 2007

tatty
ummm,,,,,i hope that place u got your tattoo was somewhat sanitary...anyways again i love the pics...especially the fire jumping one....i cant wait till you get back so i can here all of your stories....by the way i notice your starting to lose all that muscle you built up in fort mac...i'm sure the competition will be on again once you get back.. love you and speak to yah soon
14th March 2007

Foot Operation
I've had worse black fly bites....

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb