Koh Lanta - a sad n sorry farewell to Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
October 29th 2008
Published: October 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

As sorry as we were to leave Koh Phi Phi, both Geen and I were relishing the prospect of lapping in the luxurious sun, drinking cocktails by our (promised) sea view bungalow and generally recharging our batteries before moving on to Malaysia. Hmmmm . . .
As soon as we arrived at the Blue Andaman Resort we were greeted by the staff as if we were family. Friendly, we thought . . . until we realised that all 9 of us who got the taxi from the pier were the only guests!! For the 2 days we were there, they had bugger all else to do except cater for us, bless em!
Unfortunately, we could not tell whether Koh Lanta was an island worth exploring or not because the whole time we were there it lashed down. Sea view bungalow? Pah!
Although we met a few nice people (hello Lolly!) we were keen to get back into the sun again so looked forward to moving on to Malaysia. However, it seemed that Thailand weren't so keen to let us go because being struck down by a bout of food poisoning of the like I never have or want to experience again, it was touch and go (literally!! sorry to anyone having their tea) whether I would actually feel well enough to travel. Brave little soldier that I am, managed to get off the toilet long enough to make the journey to Trang, then on to Satun, where we caught the ferry to Pulau Langkawi, Malaysia.

Krap Kun Ka (or however its spelt) Thailand, we've had a blast but now its time to move on to pastures new! Selamat datang Malaysia!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 18; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb