Sarah-Janes 25th Birthday Party! 21/11/2007


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
November 23rd 2007
Published: November 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mai Thai BoxingMai Thai BoxingMai Thai Boxing

Our friend Dan from the USA decided to have a go at the boxing - i was his water girl - he lost!
Hi everyone! Time for a nother update! On Tuesday we travelled across from Koh Phi Phi to Koh Lanta another island not too far away. Koh Phi Phi has been the first island we have both been really sad to leave...it was so beautiful, relaxed and friendly there and as Kellie said before it was so small you just kept bumping into people all the time that we had previously met! The Sunday night we met up with my friends from university again (Juliet, Pete and Rufus) and had such a good time danincg the night away - although i am sure Kellie may hit me for saying this but between her and Pete i have never seen them both so drunk! Kellie woke up full clothed with her contacts in still not remembering how she got home...i didnt dare tell her i snuck out with Juliet for chocolate Crepes in my PJs afetr i had put (or thrown) her into bed!! On Monday we took a taxi boat to Maya Bay with the girls Lisa and Michelle where the film 'the beach' was filmed again to speand the afternoon there...it is so beautiful although i was a little upset that
SJ and Lisa SJ and Lisa SJ and Lisa

We didnt really get up and regretted putting the hat and gloves on after as they smelt very badly of man sweat!!
Leonardo (Dicaprio) was not there to greet me! That would have definatly made it all the better!!

So my birthday then!! Wow i had such a good time and felt so very special. After the first inital shock of our resort being in the middle of absolutely no where (kell was running around trying to find a nice restaurant or to find some birthday candles bless her but the nearest 7 Eleven was about half hour away - trust me everywhere else we have been you can not walk 5 minutes without stumbling across another one!) we ended up having such a good party! Lisa, Michelle and Lisa's boyfrind Toby came over too and the staff at the resort put up balloons and threw a party just for me! They had fireworks, fire dancers and even made me a cake (well it was kind of a cake - it was 2 sponges with little jam pots on top and banana around the outside!). I danced so much but unfortunatly got myself so drunk (i blame kellie!!) i was in bed by midnight! The bar staff continued on untill the early hours of the morning!

We are now back
Koh Phi PhiKoh Phi PhiKoh Phi Phi

Our night out with Juliet, Pete and Rufus - before kellie got too drunk!!
in Puket on another beach called 'Karon Beach' this time....the hotel is by far the nicest so far - we have a BATH!!!! This may not sound very exciting but trust me after nearly 2 months of showers we have already planned a night in tomorrow with a bottle of wine and lots of bubble bath!! Unfortunatly (or maybe fortunatly kellie says!!) there is not enough space for 2 but there are shutters next to the bath that open up into the rest of the bedroom and onto the balcony so we can still sit and talk to each other while sipping our wine!! Haha it all sounds so romantic! The plans for the rest of this week are to take it easy...we are heading up to north Puket in a couple of days to meet my friend Lawrence who came to Thailand 2 years ago and hasnt yet returned to the UK! And then it is off to Singapore on the 28th! We cant believe how quickly nearly 2 months have gone!

I do have a little confession to make...i have just brought 3 pairs of shoes and a handbag (totally unsuitable for travelling with! 4 inch heels!!).
Before 3 buckets of cocktail!Before 3 buckets of cocktail!Before 3 buckets of cocktail!

L - R - Lisa, Toby, Kellie, SJ, Michelle, James
Kellie has been very good with stopping me so far but i just couldnt resist...and 'it was my birthday!' so i treated myself! Mummy i will have to send them all home but you and Amanda can not pinch them!!

Love and hugs to everyone

Sarah-Jane and Kellie xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Girls night out - Koh Phi PhiGirls night out - Koh Phi Phi
Girls night out - Koh Phi Phi

L to R - Kellie, Michelle, Sj, Lisa
Koh LantaKoh Lanta
Koh Lanta

We had the biggest towel we have ever seen in our room!!
Koh LantaKoh Lanta
Koh Lanta

Gon - the guys who did most of the preparations for my birthday!


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb