Khoa Sok National Park


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
April 11th 2011
Published: April 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We decided to go to this national park for a change of scenery and spend a few days away from the beach. We arrived 2 days after the Full Moon Party (I was still Slightly hungover!!) on the 21st February.

After the full moon party there is a mass of travellers leaving Koh Phagnan so the ferries off the island are very busy. The journey to Khao Sok involved a ferry then a minibus.

Once we arrived we found some accommodation at Banana Hut Resort. On our first day in Khao Sok we went on a tour around Cheow Larn Lake. This is a massive man-made lake. The scenery was amazing. We went on a longboat around the lake then we were able to swim in the water. Being in freshwater felt really refreshing, we stayed in for about an hour then got lunch. After lunch our guide took us on a walk through the surrounding jungle and into a cave. Hayley found the our hour long caving experience pretty scary as it was pitch black, full of bats and some points you had to swim through water where you couldn’t put your feet down. After this we walked back through the jungle to the longboat to go back the mainland. Whilst on the boat it started to pour with rain which made the journey freezing cold!

That night the guy who owned our accommodation insisted on cooking us a meal (this was awkward as I am fussy with food) but managed okay in the end.

The next day we thought we would try some canoeing – little did we know this actually involved sitting in a canoe and a local guy doing all the hard work. It was relaxing but quite boring and not really worth the money.

That afternoon we did a tree top challenge which is basically zip wires etc (similar to Go Ape in England). This was good, though I got covered in red ants at one point which stung me to pieces!! Hayley found it a bit scary but enjoyed it.

After 3 nights we moved onto Krabi (going back on ourselves due to the rush to get to the full moon party). Overall we really enjoyed Khao Sok NP, it made a change from the norm and did a couple of things we hadn't done previously.


Advertisement



16th April 2011

\"Scary Caving\"
Oh my Goodness, that Cave Experince is Definately not for me, (Mick would Love it), I feel Chlostaphobic just reading about it, "Hayley you are a very Brave girl", and I am not sure about the Red Ants Saga, your Canoe trip made me laugh, you were obviously expecting to do a bit of Punting yourselves haha,(Perhaps you should have Serenaded Hayley David) but it all sounds Good Fun, so until Next Time,Happy Safe Travelling Love Auntie Chris xxxx

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb