Time to say our goodbyes


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Phitsanulok
November 30th 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.82, 100.27

Out at 07:00 to do the final breakfast run then stay in the room for quite a while watching some old foottie and a film on TV. Did a lot of walking yesterday and my knee is hurting today.
Go to Sugar Bar for lunch and to say our goodbyes then back to the room.
Mid afternoon I visit the large Mae Ping Hotel where a travel agent is advertising short breaks in Burma that I want to enquire about. These are 3 or 4 day breaks from Chiangmai to Rangoon and cost about 400-500GBP per person. Sounds a bit expensive to me andI am sure we could do it a lot cheaper independently.
We visited the Krungsi/Ayyudthaya Bank and renewed Jai's medical insurance for another year.
Most of the street stalls by us seem to be taking a holiday this evening after abusy few days and as we fancy something a bit different before we return to the village we end up in a McDonalds !!!
We check-out at 19:30 and tuk-tuk to Arcade Bus Station. Despite my vocal opinions - I'm just a farang what do I know ? - the tuk-tuk drops us off at the wrong place. It is abig bus station now with several terminals depending upon your destination and the company you are travelling with. We have to carry our baggage across a busy road to get to our bus which is in and ready for us already. We board straight away just to get the aircon.
21:00 and we off on our way south. Goodbye Chiangmai for another year or so.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0382s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb