On the road again ...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Phitsanulok
November 23rd 2012
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.82, 100.27

Up with the alarm at 05:00 for a quick breakfast and out car arrives early at 6:10. Into Phon Thong to find that the early bus is running late and although due to have left at 06:20 it is still in the station - waiting for us ?
An uneventful bus trip until just outside Khon Kaen when the driver decides that he needs some fuel. A lengthy U-turn across the dual carriageway and into the gas station. When he leaves the station, instead of driving with traffic until he finds a gap in the central reservation he decides to drive into the oncoming traffic for about 400m, with cars and lorries speeding towards us, until he finds the break that he used to get here. Scary stuff but not the first time I have been on a bus here where the driver has done the same thing. Entering Khon Kaen I try again for a photo of Coffee Krap but a few trees and a faster moving bus mean that I miss the chance again.
We arrive at the bus station at 09:00 and tuk-tuk to the aircon bus station across town and book tickets on the 20:00 bus to Chiangmai for tonight.
Leaving our heavy bags at the station office we walk to the Roma Hotel and check-in for the rest of the day. I nip out for some coffees then settle down in the aircon to watch some BBC News.
Mid afternoon I go to the No 1 Bar and change a couple more books.
Eat in the room again this evening then check-out about 19:15 before walking back to the aircon bus station where our bus is already waiting. We leave on time and start heading north.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb