Day 73 Thailand, Phitsanulok, Sukhothai.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Phitsanulok
January 27th 2015
Published: January 28th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,



We woke up early to head to the bus station in Phitsanulok, which was about a 20 minute walk from the Royal Place hotel. The bus was 57 baht (just over £1) to get to Sukhothai, about an hour away. We even me some girls from Stroud on the bus...small world.



The ruins of Sukhothai is advertised in the Lonely Planet as one of the top 10 sites in Thailand, which is why we chose to come here. Definitely worth the visit due to the fantastic architectural style columns and Buddha figures.



When we arrived in Sukhothai we hired bikes for 30 baht each-very good spec as you can see from the photos. We cycled to the central zone (there are 5 zones in total over 5km squared). Each zone is 100 baht each. It took us about 2 hours just to cycle around the central zone and as you can see from the photos it was definitely worth the trip here! We also paid to go in the museum, which was quite big.



We caught another bus back to Phitsanulok about 1.30pm, we got back and went straight for lunch, grabbing a cheese and ham toastie from 7/11. We chilled all afternoon, in the hotel lobby, which is where we left our bags in storage too.



Our over night train was meant to leave at 7.20pm but it was delayed an hour, which made us think that the 9he sleeper train would get in about 5.30am but no it managed to pick up speed, so we arrived at 4am in Chiang Mai!!! We got a tuk tuk straight to our new hostel about 4 km away. It took a while to wake the girl up who was suppose to be on the deck, finally she showed us to a dorm room where we put some sheets down and fell asleep.



Thanks it for today,



Love V&N x


Additional photos below
Photos: 85, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb