Last Day in Northern Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Chiang Saen
April 20th 2010
Published: April 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

On our last day in Northern Thailand and still uncertain wheter we had flights back or not, we decided to have an early breakfast and join Meana the baby (4yr old) elepehant on the breakfast terrace. We had some lovely photos to go with the previous days and the we visited the Elepha sanctary where we talked to the lady who said She was the "Vet" and saw a number of elephants in good condition (including one who was pregnant) They eat loads!. We then went through some of the beutiful gardens and flowers (going past a water buffalo in mud) and then we visited the Opium museum opposite the hotel. Provided by the Queen Mum Projects, it was an eye opening insight into the History of Opium, its effects on people and also the area and what they have done to stop the Opium industry in Thailand. After a 2hr wander through the exhibits (yes we were surprised it took that long, it did not feel like it), we got back to the hotel in time to see the elep0hantys bathing (see other blog) and then went for a swim and relax, talking to some Aussies and Chris and ? from Cornwall. Following a quick sandwich we went with a driver and Gun to Chiang Rai Ariport where we boarded the plane to Bangkok hoping the the news about the skies possibly being open would hold true for us. Unfortunately our flights were the last to be cancelled and so we now have to wait in Bangkok until the 3rd May! for another flight home. Got to a hotel recommended by Mr Kameron of Asia World (v. good service).


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Meana the baby at breakfast terraceMeana the baby at breakfast terrace
Meana the baby at breakfast terrace

Meana a 4 year old baby elephant wth a sense of fun and humour, who enjoyed playing to an audience.
Pregnant ElephantPregnant Elephant
Pregnant Elephant

See the width!
Elephant Field from HotelElephant Field from Hotel
Elephant Field from Hotel

see the elephant through the trees


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0401s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb