elephant riding, waterfall trek and bamboo rafting in chiang mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
July 26th 2013
Published: July 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Wowsers!! Epic day today, loving chiang mai so far. Much nicer vibe than bangkok and nowhere near as mental!

Started the day with a bit of bamboo rafting down a local river. I was surprised just how fast those buggers went, shot the rapids thai style. Thought we was going in the drink a couple of times.........

After that and still soaking wet we trekked down to a waterfall which was beautiful, the steps on the way back up however, was not!! Heat and humidity are not your friend when trekking that's for sure.

Met an american couple who we ended up spending the day with, much laughing went down, especially at the chinese that turned up on the trip in heels and didnt want to get wet. Every thai bloke did their best to soak em....piss funny.

Best bit was the elephant riding, unbelievable is all to be said. They was very well looked after.

Adam and i rode the big bull and my god was he big! King of the elephant camp with a hareem of ladies and 4 babies. Our american pals rode one of his ladies behind us who broke free..........no harm done, she waited patiently to be reconnected to us. Must admit i held my breath for a second or two......

The ultimate bit of the day was the 4 month old female baby and the playtime we had with her. An experience never to be forgotten. She was cheeky and strong but loved humans and bananas. There i was politely peeling the bananas, the elephants cant wait that long so maul you with their trunks, ended up just ramming them in skin and all!!

Little competition for you anyway.....the person that guesses the nearest amount of mossie bites im currently sporting gets to donate their cash prize to helping fund the medical costs of treatment to elephants injured in land mines on the borders of thailand and cambodia left over from the war.

Peace out y'all xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



27th July 2013

hello!!
Wow....looks like you're having a great time...don't know how you manage to pack so much in....!!! Photo's are brill...love the elephants...we did that in Sri Lanka......keep up the good holiday..!!!! xxxx
29th July 2013

spotty dotty!
This is your new name Mel! Or should it be spotty botty?!! I reckon you have 27 bites. The baby elephant is soooooooooooooooooo cute. xxx

Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb