Back in Bangkok ... and up to Chiang Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
February 1st 2012
Published: April 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We spent a day an a half in Bangkok wandering around the Khao San area shopping, eating, drinking, and pampering ourselves. We stayed at the KC Guesthouse ($22 dollars for a triple with an ensuite bathroom and AC). Its clean and in a great location. They also serve wonderful food in their restaurant.

On the night of February 2nd we took the night train up to Chiang Mai. We opted for second class which was fine. It was clean, cool, and quiet.

Our train ride to Chiang May was late but our guesthouse, the ThaPhae Guesthouse was still there to pick us up. The hotel was REALLY nice ($17/night of a double with ensuite and AC). The hotel also had a decent (and cold!) swimming pool.

We spent our first day in Chiang Mai wandering around the city. We went to the Women's Prison for massages (150Baht for a 1 hour foot massage). It was a really nice, relaxing day.

Our second day in Chiang Mai was wonderful. After a much needed sleep in we had breakfast at the Blue Diamond Cafe. It was the best cup of coffee I had had in months! We swam in the pool, shopped, ate, and just chilled out. At night we went to the Saturday night walking market. After that we went to a Muay Thai Fight in town. Had to be done.

On Sunday we just enjoyed the city some more. Chiang Mai is a great place to just unwind and relax. The food is delicious, the weather is nice, and the shopping is great!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb