Thailand Time!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
December 4th 2011
Published: December 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

After a night of no sleep we arrived in Bangkok! We got a sky shuttle train and then a taxi to the Khao San road- backpacker land! The first thing i really noticed was how clean it was here and how friendly the thai people are! I felt like i was back in civilisation once again! So many tourists here too and nice not to be stared at! We were so shattered that we had lots of sleep to catch up on!

The local tourist centre told us not to stay here- apparently there is a lot of trouble for tourists! We found a place just off the road that was fine though! We stuffed our faces with tasty pad thai and red and green curries! So good! Also the chocolate pancakes are great too! Think i am going to get very fat at this rate! We resisted offers of ping pong shows but did indulge in a few Chang Beers!

We took a night bus to Chang Mai after 2 nights in Bangkok. Again we had been told that this was a dodgy route and that our bags would be stolen- but all was fine! Best night bus so far i would say- they gave us blankets, there was ac, and they didnt drive like absolute nutters!! Not bad for 6 pounds and 800km.

On Friday we did a great thai cooking course! I made chicken and cashew nuts, spring rolls, chicken in coconut soup, panaeng curry with pork and mango with sticky rice! We ate so much and really enjoyed it! We also went on a trip to the market to explain about the different foods. They gave us cooking books too so i will try to attempt them again when im home!

Danny has gone fishing today! We had been staying in a mid range hotel so last night we decided to try somewhere cheaper! This was a mistake. The dungeon walls were made of paper and was so noisy. The beds were mega hard and made of some sort of straw- i just couldnt put up with it. I have moved all our stuff back to the other more expensive hotel so will tell Danny when he gets back!! :-) At least here in Thailand you get a hot shower and most of the time a towel and toilet paper- luxury!!

Think i will go and have a thai massage this afternoon. Its about 3 pounds for 1 hour! Visiting the night market later. We havent yet decided where to head next but will do so soon.

Advertisement



4th December 2011

sounds like bliss soft toilet roll x glad you are still enjoying yourselves, food sounds good. Why are you being such a wuss about the hotel you were a guide!!!! Got my xmas tree and decs up looks ace. Been to our first carol concert today it was girl guides and good fun and ellie had to get up and sing with her gang. hope you are getting these as i don't know if i do it right. love b xxx

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb